Health and Fitness Support Group
Fitness Professional, Fred Fornicola and Clinical Nutritionist, Tom Mantos are forming a ”Health & Fitness Support Group” to help you achieve your goals. We recognize that often times, people have trouble sticking to a health and fitness regimen for various reasons. Some warning signs are listed be low so please read on, and if you recognize yourself in the statements below, beware. You may need to make a special effort to stick to a program. Check off any statement that sounds like it could have come out of your mouth:
- “This time, I’m really going to stick to it! I mean it, I’m totally, 100% committed!” This person sounds like he’s trying to convince himself but not really succeeding.
- “I’m potentially thinking that maybe I might join this class.”This person hasn’t really made up his mind. He’s not committed. Although he sounds very different, he’s actually an awful lot like the person who says…
- “I have to start tomorrow. No delay!”This person is afraid that she’s going to lose her resolve. It’s probably happened to her before.
- “Well, afternoons don’t work. And I can’t do mornings. I can come Tuesdays at noon, but not this Tuesday. Or next Tuesday…”If people really want to exercise, they find the time.
- “I’ll squeeze it in at lunchtime. I can just run out between meetings.”This person hasn’t acknowledged to herself that exercise must be its own priority, and if she doesn’t make it a priority, it’ll always get shoved to the bottom of the to-do list. Which means it won’t happen.
- “As soon as I’ve done this task for the kids, and this other task for my spouse, I’ll exercise.”Again, exercise needs to be on the official to-list.
If you feel that one or more of these excuses are hindering your health and fitness goals, this meeting will be very helpful to you. The goal of our group is to support your efforts and have people share successes and failures so you can keep on the right path to health. Fred and Tom will be facilitating the meeting and offer their expertise as well. This group meeting will be organic in that we want it to be yours, not our meeting and we will do whatever we can to make it beneficial to you reaching your goals.
We are looking to organize the meeting for Tuesday, October 30th at 7PM at The Center for Alternative and Preventative Medicine in Red Bank.
The cost per person is $15.00 and we would like to know ahead of time if you are looking to attend so we can reserve seating and plan appropriately. Feel free to bring a friend…..