Matt Brzycki and I have an e-book out on Amazon entitled Enhancing Fitness Through Flexibility for a whopping price of $2.99.
Here is a review of someone who purchased a copy:
Anything that these two authors put out is great medically/scientifically based information. They do not pump you full of “fads”, but instead its highly researched information (multiple peer reviews from reliable sources) that is designed to assist you in reaching your goals on or off the field. This book has simple, effective, and efficient stretches for anyone!
For those of you looking for a concise manual on safe and effective stretching techniques, take a look inside.
More books found on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Fornicola/e/B0081R1OZ4/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
“Dumbbell Training for Strength and Fitness” continues to do well as we have sold over 20,000 copies world-wide. Amazon has 55 reviews giving us a 4.3 out of 5 star rating and we are quickly closing in on 100 “likes”. Now, I know that doesn’t seem like much to brag about (and trust me, I’m not trying to), but it to let you know that something as simple and rudimentary as a set of dumbbells and a small , safe area can yield fascinating results both in strength and fitness. Check out what some reviewers had to say…
5.0 out of 5 stars Dumbell Training for Strength and Fitness, October 23, 2012
An excellent book with enough back ground information to enhance the learning experience with photos and descriptions of the exercises. The book makes it easy to have multiple routines at your finger tips. One could use training routines provided or make up their own.
5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a complete dumbbell weightlifting program, July 4, 2012
I keep this book by my dumbbell set and use it for every workout. It’s a great book with a wide variety of exercises.
Private One-on-One Personal Training * Nutritional Counseling * Strength & Conditioning for Athletes * Health & Fitness Seminars
Flexibility & Mobility Training * Cardiovascular Conditioning * Rehabilitative Programming * Lifestyle Fitness Coaching
Fred Fornicola is the owner and operator of Premiere Personal Fitness, a private training facility in Asbury Park, NJ. Fred is a fitness professional, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, fitness consultant, lifestyle fitness coach, as well as a published author and speaker with over 35 years in the field of health and fitness.
- “This time, I’m really going to stick to it! I mean it, I’m totally, 100% committed!” This person sounds like he’s trying to convince himself but not really succeeding.
- “I’m potentially thinking that maybe I might join this class.”This person hasn’t really made up his mind. He’s not committed. Although he sounds very different, he’s actually an awful lot like the person who says…
- “I have to start tomorrow. No delay!”This person is afraid that she’s going to lose her resolve. It’s probably happened to her before.
- “Well, afternoons don’t work. And I can’t do mornings. I can come Tuesdays at noon, but not this Tuesday. Or next Tuesday…”If people really want to exercise, they find the time.
- “I’ll squeeze it in at lunchtime. I can just run out between meetings.”This person hasn’t acknowledged to herself that exercise must be its own priority, and if she doesn’t make it a priority, it’ll always get shoved to the bottom of the to-do list. Which means it won’t happen.
- “As soon as I’ve done this task for the kids, and this other task for my spouse, I’ll exercise.”Again, exercise needs to be on the official to-list.
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” ~ Karen Lamb
How true a statement as many people reflect after time has passed and realize their postponing an exercise program has resulted in another year of “I would’ve and should’ve….”. Starting something such as a well thought out health and fitness program takes time, knowledge and most importantly, execution. For those looking to circumvent starting such a program, excuses are plenty, but the problem is we keep aging, we keep losing muscle tissue, we get fatter and that year has passed and there’s more ground to make up.
I’ve stated this many times, it doesn’t take much time to stimulate lean muscle tissue, fat loss and improve cardiovascular conditioning, you do, however, need to know how to do it safely, efficiently and effectively and of course, be committed to the process. Two to three times per week for less than 30 minutes per session can make that “wish you started” feeling a thing of the past. And if you can only make it in once a week, no problem, something is always better than nothing.
Here’s a simple solution: leave it to someone who has the experience, the knowledge, the passion for the field of fitness and helping others ‘get it done”. Contact me for a free consultation so we can discuss starting your new program.